Saturday, September 19, 2009

Social Networking Sites-Not just for networking


I read an interesting article today posted on PInow.com titled,"Virginia Case Shows Importance of Social Networking to Investigations." The article highlights the important role that social networking sites play in private investigation. The article specifically focused on a case of a woman being investigated as part of a workers compensation case. Of course, the use of social networking sites for this purpose raises a whole slew of ethical concerns related to privacy. That being said, this article brought to my attention a new investigative tool for my growing toolkit. No longer will I view Facebook as simply a means for connecting with old friends, keeping tabs on my family members, or sharing pictures of my blind pug, Gus!

1 comment:

  1. Robyn -- You're onto a fantastic start. I'm very impressed with the layout, the lights are all turned on, and your posts are punchy, original, and targeted to both your strengths as well as your audience.

    ReplyDelete