Sunday, September 20, 2009

PI Podcast


Well, I've never actually followed a podcast before, but I found one today that I think will be very informative for those of us trying to break into the field of private investigation. I discovered it while perusing the United States Association of Professional Investigators website. The podcast is titled, "The Curbside Investigator," and it is narrated by Scott Stys, Owner at Sunset West Investigations in LA. The mission of the podcast is to educate the public on the role of a PI and to dispel some of the mystery surrounding the activities of a PI. However, I also found that it is very informative for individuals who are working in the field of professional investigation. For example, there was an entire podcast devoted to how to best market one's services and the importance of establishing a niche/speciality in the field. Another episode focused on health concerns for surveillance investigators (e.g. tips to avoid heat exhaustion and back pain while sitting in your car all day). Give it a listen and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment